Sun, Oct 29|
Volunteer! Serve Dinner at Center to Empower Homeless
SUN OCT 29 5-7pm: Volunteer with us at Chapman Partnership in Downtown Miami
Time & Location
Oct 29, 2023, 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Chapman Partnership, 1550 N Miami Ave, Miami, FL 33136, USA
About the Event
Join the Cafe Namaste community on Sunday October 29 from 5-7PM to serve dinner at Chapman Partnership in downtown Miami. We will be serving 200+ meals to the residents at Chapman. Our goal is to provide Michelin Star service with a smile. There are only nine spots and your contribution is invaluable! The Center and Residence helps homeless people transition out of homelessness with transitional housing and a holistic program. This is not a soup kitchen but a place people apply to live while they "get back on their feet."
- Location: 1550 North Miami Ave, free parking across the street in the visitor lot or close to metromover.
- How to Sign Up: Register on the CN website &Register directly on the Chapman Partnership site to confirm your identity: https://chapmanpartnership.galaxydigital.com/need/detail/?need_id=669776 This registration is mandatory to participate.
- What to Wear: Conservative clothing (long pants, pink, yellow, or white shirt) no tanks, shorts or crops, Sneakers, Hair nets and aprons will be provided!
- Background Check: You will be sent a separate email from Chapman to do a background check and review their policies.
Your time and energy is valuable and you matter. When you sign up, we inform the non-profit and they are counting on you to show up.
Please make sure to attend if you sign up, as they are expecting your help and very much appreciate it! If for some reason you cnanot attend, please send us a message ASAP to 305-908-2410 so we can fill your spot. Thank you!
- Age policy from Chapman: The minimum age to volunteer in the kitchen is 13-15 supervised and 16+ can volunteer without supervision.
Of the 800, 40% are families. Whether you have been to one Cafe Namaste event or all of them, we value your commitment to the world and making a positive impact in your community.
About Project Namaste:
Cafe Namaste's Project: Namaste serves the community to improve the lives around us. Our goal is to empower individuals to be agents of change by providing volunteer programs to the community, partnering with existing non-profits and offering wellness programs to the communities in need. We work with local organizations focused on empowerment, wellness, and human development. We believe long-term relationships are a key to success and making an impact. In addition to offering volunteer programs, we offer wellness classes, events and general support to under-served populations, including homeless centers and to children in need. Our hope is that we strengthen community involvement in building a better future for all of us.