Wed, Sep 07|
X Miami Terrace
Yoga 101 Workshop
What is yoga? Why is it everywhere and how do we begin? Join us for this interactive workshop and discussion with special guest educator and teacher, Pooja S.
Time & Location
Sep 07, 2022, 7:00 PM – Sep 08, 2022, 8:15 PM
X Miami Terrace, 230 NE 4th St, Miami, FL 33132, USA
About the Event
What exactly is Yoga? With Yoga everywhere from your local gym to seeing people doing poses on IG, it can be overwhelming to know what it is, why it's practiced and where to begin.
In this 75-minute workshop, we’re getting back to the roots of Yoga with guest Yoga Educator and Teacher, Pooja Suvarna, and Samantha Reynolds.
Pooja is a 500-hour Hatha Yoga teacher from the Academy in Bangalore, India. She will share her insight and experience of learning and teaching yoga from its origin along with how to practice authentically according to the tradition.
What We'll Cover:
- What is Yoga + brief history
- Why is it practiced?
- Key words in Sanskrit, one of the languages of Yoga
- What is OM and why do we say it?
- What does namaste actually mean?
- How to practice ( both postural and non)
- Importance of breath
- Foundations of the most common poses in a Hatha or Vinyasa style class (plus how to modify/adapt to your body)
- Q & A with Pooja and reflective discussion on modern trends and common misconceptions in the US
Who is this Workshop for?
- New to Yoga
- Need a refresh on the basics and an understanding of the why behind the practice
- Curious about Yoga beyond postures
Please bring a mat for the asana (poses) portion of class. If you don't have one, we can provide one for you, when available. This workshop will be half discussion and half practical application related to common poses found in a studio class.
Sign up online in advance.
*X Residents and Guild Hotel Guests receive complimentary admission. Please contact us to register, firstname.lastname@example.org
About Pooja S.
Pooja is a yoga teacher and educator who provides private sessions and educational workshops. Her expertise lies in asana, pranayama, mantra chanting, meditation, cleansing practices, yoga nidra (yogic sleep), and foundations of Ayurveda. She graduated from A1000 Yoga Academy, Bangalore, India in 2019 with a 500-hour Hatha Yoga teacher training course. She taught at the Academy before moving to the United States. She strives to share her knowledge of Yoga as unconditionally and openly as her teachers before her. She also has a Master’s in Psychology and is a trained classical Indian dancer (bharathnatyam).
Regular$25.00+$0.63 service fee